[ewg] RE: RFCv2: SRC API

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Mon Aug 6 09:38:52 PDT 2007

> Cleanup:
> When job j1 does not need to communicate to any jobs on node
> n, it disconnects qp1 from qp2, and asks j2 to destroy qp2.
> +
> +Note: both qp1 and qp2 must exist for the communication to
> take place.
> +Thus, j2 should not destroy qp2 (and in particular, should not exit)
> +until j1 has completed communication with node n and has asked j2 to
> +disconnect.

Thanks.

Another question. if a node n has 8 jobs, say, j2-j9, usually the first
job j2 is the one to create the SRC
domain(other jobs just attach and share) and it make sense to let j2 to
create all the receiving QPs for all other
remote jobs and make all the connections. (we can do in roundrobin way,
but more work).

Is there any performance worry to let j2(the first job on a node) to do
all the "work" ?

What is the latency of SRC+SRQ ?

--CQ