[ewg] RE: RFCv2: SRC API

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Wed Aug 8 20:01:39 PDT 2007

> > Is there any performance worry to let j2(the first job on a
> node) to
> > do all the "work" ?
>
> How do you mean?

I mean that j2 has all the QP connections with all other remote jobs, so
j2 does not save anything compared with non-SRC case, can this affect
j2's performance ?

I have another question, when using SRQ, or SRC+SRQ, when a completion
is returned by ibv_poll_cq(),  is there an easy way to find who sent
this message to me ? 'struct ibv_wc' does not say much about the message
source rank. The only field is 'src_qp', but I can not find any document
about how to use it.
Is there any way to return some kind of "source context" ?

Or do you think this is application's responsibility to figure out
source rank from the message itself ? I hope the source rank can be
identified before parsing the message.

Thanks.

--CQ