[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.3 Beta release is available

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Dec 4 16:18:18 PST 2007

 > Here is an issue we have:
 >
 > struct ibv_context {
 >         struct ibv_device      *device;
 >         struct ibv_context_ops  ops;
 >         int                     cmd_fd;
 >         int                     async_fd;
 >         int                     num_comp_vectors;
 >         pthread_mutex_t         mutex;
 >         void                   *abi_compat;
 > };
 >
 > The binary is compiled with OFED 1.2 header files,  it tries to set async_fd to non-blocking, I get error:
 > Bad file descriptor.   If I compile the binary with OFED-1.3-beta header files (with XRC changes), it works fine.
 >
 > Is this the expected behavior, or there will be a fix ?

Unfortunately the XRC patches were put into OFED 1.3 before they went
into the upstream libibverbs tree, so I have not reviewed them in
detail.  If XRC support requires an ABI change, then we'll have to
create a new ABI and provide versioned symbols for backwards compatibility.

However your problem seems quite strange: I don't see any change
to struct ibv_context caused by the XRC patches.  So I don't
understand exactly what is causing the problem you see.  Can you debug
further to see which structure layout change is the real issue?

 - R.