[ewg] change in diags in OFED 1.3? (2 ports; only 1supportedcurrently)

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Wed Dec 5 09:14:35 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 08:58 -0800, Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) wrote:
> > That's what I was afraid of and asked about on the list a while ago
> > (about whether there was such a use case and there is) :-(
> >
> > Not sure exactly why this wasn't a problem prior to this change.
> > When was the last time you tried this on a subnet which
> > included one or
> > more of these HCAs ?
>
> Did not see this problem with OFED 1.2 or 1.2.5.

Are you 100% sure ? Same HCAs and firmware ?

> > So...
> >
> > How important is fixing this (for OFED 1.3) ?
>
> It's a regression, so I think it must be fixed.

It's a regression in a sense. It may have mistakenly reported no errors
before but now is more pendantic about it's checks due to fixing some
other issue which was reported. I'm not 100% sure about this yet but not
sure how much splitting these hairs really matter.

Apparently, it is not just single port HCAs which don't support PerfMgt
AllPortSelect. Not sure why that is (even though it is a perfectly legal
option; it makes life more difficult).

I know what it takes to fix this; just not sure when I have the time to
implement it and I also don't have a machine with one of these two port
HCAs so I would only be able to partially test a patch to fix this.

-- Hal