[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] MVAPICH2 SRPM and install file patches

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Feb 5 15:09:29 PST 2007

> > I also didn't quite understand the ib-vs-iwarp configuration, I thought
> > OFED 1.2 would support both.
>
> There are 2 reasons our SRPM has to be told whether it is being built
> for iWARP or IB:
>
> 1. We need to use -DRDMA_CM_RNIC during the build for iWARP (this is
> actually done by invoking our make.mvapich2.iwarp script in the RPM build).

I believe the iWARP build will work over IB too.  The difference, I
think, is that the iWARP build uses the RDMA-CM and the IB build uses
the IB-CM.

Shaun, is this correct?

If so, I suggest you define these options differently.  Perhaps IBCM vs
RDMACM? Right now it implies that you cannot run the same mvapich build
over both transports.

My 2 cents.

Steve.