[openfabrics-ewg] RFC ofed 1 2 kernel file structure

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 7 11:59:14 PST 2007

Repost. Could everyone please look at
git://git.openfabrics.org/~mst/newofed.git
and tell me whether this looks acceptable?

Thanks,
	MST

Quoting r. Michael S. Tsirkin <mst at mellanox.co.il>:
Subject: Re: idea for ofed 1 2 kernel file structure

> Quoting  Michael S. Tsirkin <mst at mellanox.co.il>:
> It would easy to split OFED specific files In separate directory and have OFED
>
> All out of tree modules we distribute would go there too.
>
> What do others think about this?

OK, I didn't quite get whether the majority likes this or not,
so I created such a repository, extracted the ofed specific history
and imported it there.

Take a look here:
git://git.openfabrics.org/~mst/newofed.git

Build scripts will have to be adjusted to add
necessary kernel components that we use.

Another nice thing about this layout, is that users (if they so wish)
will be able to use just linux kernel source tarball instead of full linux
kernel git.

OFED maintainers, you are the primary users of the OFED git.
Please comment which layout is better for you.

--
MST

MST