[openfabrics-ewg] 32-bit build for ppc64 is required

Stefan Roscher ossrosch at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 12 08:36:34 PST 2007

Hi,

after building the latest ofed build package we recognized that on PPC64 only
64-bit libaries were build.
Because we have customers using older userpace apllications which are
certified for 32-bit we think additional 32bit support is a requirement for 64bit builds.

If OFED 1.2 supports 32 bit on ppc64, we have to change the install
directory.I would suggest to install 32-bit binaries into
/usr/local/ofed/bin32 directory. So no changes on current naming conventions
has to be done.The libaries are installed in the /usr/local/ofed/lib directory.

Feedback appriciated.

Kind regards Stefan Roscher