[openfabrics-ewg] ipath backport status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Feb 13 06:32:44 PST 2007

Betsy Zeller wrote:
> Changes in development processes which affect OFED really need to be
> discussed on the EWG mailing list, not (just) on openfabrics-general.
> The same is true for issues such as build failures, which I found out
> two weeks ago were only being sent to openfabrics-general.
>
> The EWG mailing list is the right place for development process changes,
> and for information such as OFED build failures. Can we agree to use the
> EWG list for these things in the future?

I agree that all OFED related mails should go over the EWG mailing list
and I ask all OFED contributers to do so.
Also all development processes decisions should be documented on the
Wiki, and we are doing this.
In this way if someone missed some mails he/she can know what to do
according to the documented process.

However, all maintainers should also read the general list since
development issues/changes (e.g. the libibverbs model change) are
discussed in the general list, since these are not OFED specific.

Tziporet