[openfabrics-ewg] Merging ib_iser & open-iscsi in the OFED installation UI

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at mellanox.co.il
Tue Feb 13 06:35:00 PST 2007

> It seems to work ok. One more thing: when the installation is done, I
> get the following output:
>
> Following is the list of OFED packages that you have chosen
>             (some may have been added by the installation program due to
> package dependencies):
> ib_ipoib
> ib_iser
> ib_mthca
> ib_verbs
> kernel-ib
> open-iscsi
>
> I think that the ib_iser line should look like:
> ib_iser (including open-iscsi)
>

> The open-iscsi line should not be there. I'm waiting to hear comments on
> my other e-mail (Warning the user that open-iscsi is installed). It may
> require more small changes.
>
> Thanks,
> Erez

Do you want me to apply the patch I sent and you will send me updates
later or you want to update my patch?

In any case I think that message:

	Following is the list of OFED packages that you have chosen
            (some may have been added by the installation program due to package dependencies):

is good enough and "ib_iser (including open-iscsi)" is not required.

Note:
ib_iser is a part of kernel-ib RPM while open-iscsi is not...

--
Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at mellanox.co.il>
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.