[openfabrics-ewg] new OFED 1.2 package

Jeremy Brown jeremy.brown at qlogic.com
Tue Feb 13 14:47:48 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 22:11 +0200, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> This is the pre-alpha package for your testing.
> Please send us feedback today so we can build the first alpha OFED tomorrow.
> If any show-stopper issue for the alpha is found please let us know.
>
> Note that components compilation is blocked on kernels that they do not
> support.

While I understand that Fedora is not officially supported in OFED 1.2,
I know that many participants are making an effort to make sure Fedora
(at least FC6) will work. I did attempt a build on a Fedora Core 4
system, and encountered an issue related to the sysfs* name changes.

ERROR: The libsysfs-devel package is required to build libibverbs_devel
RPM

I know that the package is named "sysfsutils-devel" in Fedora Core 3-5,
and "libsysfs-devel" in Fedora Core 6, similar to the RH 4 vs. RH 5
split. Would it be possible to change the definition and use of
$DISTRIBUTION in build_env.sh so the we had "fedora" for FC3-5, and
"fedora6" for FC6, similar to the "redhat" and "redhat5" split? I'm not
married to those names, of course.

Naturally, this shouldn't gate the alpha. :)

Thanks for getting the build ready!

Jeremy Brown