[openfabrics-ewg] 32-bit build for ppc64 is required

Hoang-Nam Nguyen HNGUYEN at de.ibm.com
Wed Feb 14 08:55:27 PST 2007

Hi,
> Well, this is not by design: AFAIK on x86_64 both types of libraries
> are installed.
So, it seems to be an issue with the build script. Will talk to Vlad.
> But I still do not see how installing 32 bit binaries alongside the 64
> bit ones is useful, and I do not think other packages provide this
option,
> so maybe we shouldn't, either.
Since we've 32bit libs with ofed-1.2, it is a benefit to have also at least
ibutils as 32bit so that we can test if the corresponding 32bit libs work
properly, especially the context switch path.
Thus, please include also 32bit binaries.
Thanks
Nam