[ewg] Starting VNIC service as part of openibd

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at mellanox.co.il
Mon Feb 26 04:58:19 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 06:22 -0600, Ramachandra Kuchimanchi wrote:
> Vlad,
>
> If VNIC is installed, we would like it to start on boot. I guess
> for this the VNIC service has to be started as part of the
> openibd script.
>
> For starting the VNIC service we need to run: /etc/init.d/ql_vnic
> start
> and to stop it: /etc/init.d/ql_vnic stop
>
> Can this be added to the openibd script ?
>
> Regards,
> Ram

Ram,
ql_vnic script is a standalone service that can be configured to
start/stop automatically through system services configuration.
It should be started after 'openibd start' and stopped before 'openibd
stop'.
Moreover it handles ib_mthca and ib_umad modules. So, it can't be added
to openibd.

Instead, you can add required functionality (load/unload ib_vnic module)
to openibd script and remove ql_vnic script from the package.

--
Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at mellanox.co.il>
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.