[openfabrics-ewg] Update to OFED 1.1.1 to support uDAPL scalability

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jan 17 11:24:12 PST 2007

Hi all,

I wanted to start a discussion of what process we have or should have
for providing
fixes to OFED 1.1. We have seen some issues with uDAPL using Intel MPI
on some large clusters
and have made some changes to uDAPL and added the local sa cache that
help
fix the problem. We have tested this package on a 64 node 256 core
machine and
it seems stable. The package was based on OFED 1.1.1 and the fixes were
added to
that tar ball.

We'd like to make this package available to people that want to use it
and wanted
to know if there is a formal process for providing updated packages that
have bug
fixes and such. I know that there was already one update package put
into SVN
OFED 1.1.1 to fix some bugs. Can we release this new package that has
DAPL fixes
and local sa cache as a OFED 1.1.2 ? and put it into the SVN tree so
that people can
download it from the openfabrics server ? What process was used to
release OFED 1.1.1
and can we use the same process for these updates to OFED 1.1 ?

woody