[openfabrics-ewg] Update to OFED 1.1.1 to support uDAPL scalability

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 18 08:10:28 PST 2007

Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to start a discussion of what process we have or should have for providing
> fixes to OFED 1.1. We have seen some issues with uDAPL using Intel MPI on some large clusters
> and have made some changes to uDAPL and added the local sa cache that help
> fix the problem. We have tested this package on a 64 node 256 core machine and
> it seems stable. The package was based on OFED 1.1.1 and the fixes were
> added to that tar ball.

Have you taken other bug fixes that were published on the OFED support page?
> What process was used to release OFED 1.1.1
> and can we use the same process for these updates to OFED 1.1 ?

There is no process defined for minor version release. In SC06 I
suggested that each company that is interested in such a release is
allowed to do it and place it on the svn. I still think this is good as
long as you add in the RN that this package passed testing of Intel (or
other company) only

Tziporet