[openfabrics-ewg] Getting local_sa cache support and multicast support into OFED 1.2

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 18 13:30:37 PST 2007

> Quoting Woodruff, Robert J <robert.j.woodruff at intel.com>:
> Subject: RE: Getting local_sa cache support and multicast support into OFED 1.2
>
> Michael wrote,
>
> >Hmm, this makes sense, and that's what we are building already.
> >Woody, why did you ask us to build from another branch?
> >What about DAPL? Arlin?
>
> If you take both the local_sa branch and multicast branch from sean,
> I think you need the userspace multicast branch of librdmacm,
> correct sean ?
>
> And for uDAPL I am currently using the rdma_ucm branch which Arlin
> told me is required to work with Sean's branch.
>
> As for integrating the multicast and local_sa branches into the
> ofed git tree, I would recommend that we do that now so that testing
> can begin and if there are additional small changes needed, sean provide
> that later.

I can only re-iterate what I said earlier. So far:

OFED has local sa cache kernel patch and master userspace branch.
When Sean tells us to do so, I expect to generate multicast patch and add that
(we won't be able to do that after feature freeze so I hope it's soon).

If some maintrainer wants OFED to pick non-master branch even before freeze, we
could do so, but since this person would have to support it going forward, I am
waiting for guidance from package maintainers on what to integrate.

--
MST