[openfabrics-ewg] Mailing lists

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Jan 22 14:55:06 PST 2007

All --

As you can see from the mails from Michaels Lee and Tsirkin, we're
working on moving e-mail to the new server.  We had in mind some
changes to propose:

1. Rename the openib-general list to be general at lists.openfabrics.org.

2. Rename the openfabrics-ewg list to be ewg at lists.openfabrics.org.

3. ...similarly rename all other lists to remove the now-redundant
openib-* and/or openfabrics-* prefixes.

--> For items 1-3, mail aliases can be put in place so that people's
current addressbooks won't break (i.e., if you mail openib-
general at openib.org, it'll still get to the
general at lists.openfabrics.org list), but the "real" list names will
be the shorter names, etc.  So mailman URLs will change, "from"
addresses will change, etc.

4. Have a general commits at lists.openfabrics.org list that will get
mails of all SVN commits and commit messages from anyone who chooses
to have their git commit mails sent there.

5. Have a bugs at lists.openfabrics.org list that will get *all*
bugzilla activity.

These are just ideas, and not from the guys who are doing OFA
development (i.e., Michael Lee and myself).  So your input would be
welcome here...  Comments?

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit