[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] Minutes for January 15, 2007 teleconference about OFED 1.2 development progress toward code freeze

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Jan 22 20:42:48 PST 2007

 > Thanks. So it is NOT possible that sender gets success, but receiver
 > gets failure, right ?

It's probably better to read the spec to get clarity on these corner
cases, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a scenario where a
receiver sends an ACK but then fails to complete a request
successfully, maybe because a bus error occurs while writing the data
to memory or something like that.

 > Also  another question, when it_post_send() is called, we only specify
 > IBV_SEND_SIGNALED once a while to improve performance because completion
 > event is not generated for other messages. But when there is an error on
 > the QP connection, we hope to get event report for all messages. Does
 > the driver/libibverbs support this ?

Yes, libibverbs and all drivers should follow the IB spec and always
generate a completion for all requests that complete with an
unsuccessful status.

 - R.