[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] modules compilation status for OFED 1.2

Hoang-Nam Nguyen HNGUYEN at de.ibm.com
Sat Jan 27 08:44:22 PST 2007

Hi Michael!
> > I need to be more specific here: ibmebus requires two symbols in
> > arch/ppc64/kernel/dma.c to be exported, which means one really needs
> > to rebuild and install the patched kernel. As far as I understood
> > from Michael, when we looked at ofed-1.1, that approach is not
> > supported by ofed build process.
> Yes, I don't have a solution for that on ppc.
> For other modules we simply worked around the problem copying bits from
newer
> kernels but this might not work for you.
No. It can not, because two symbols need to be exported from
rhel4.5/sles9sp3
kernel.
I'm looking for a solution for users/customers that are willing to use
ofed-1.2
plus ehca on rhel4.5/sles9sp3 and to patch their kernel themselves. Can we
include those backport patches in ofed-1.2 under a dir contrib as we have
on svn? That dir can be placed in kernel_addons or the like.
I can then provide a howto for ehca in such one cases.
Thanks
Nam