[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.3 timeline

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 13 10:25:34 PDT 2007

Hello Tziporet,

> Full features list will be published in a different mail

        Do we limit the features only on the list? I only saw IPoIB-CM w/o
SRQ. My impression was whenever the features go into 2.6.23, then they
will be in ofed-1.3. Are you saying that we only limit the list features
into 2.6.23? We are working on several IPoIB performance improvement
patches which are not on the list. Some of the patches are under test,
some of the patches are going to be submitted soon. They are:

1.  skb aggregations for both dev xmit(networking layer) and IPoIB send
2.  multiple interrupt vectors in IPoIB for multiple links scalability
3.  split CQ and send completion aggregation
4.  LRO for IPoIB when generic LRO is available in networking layer.

        Some of them might be made on time in ofed-1.3 timeline, some of
them might not. It will depend on our test progresses and community review
feedbacks. I hope ofed-1.3 won't leave these patches out if they can be
made into 2.6.23 on time.

Thanks
Shirley