[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Re: RFC OFED-1.3 installation

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 16:11:47 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 00:09 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Quoting Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> > Subject: Re: [ofa-general] Re: RFC OFED-1.3 installation
> >
> >  > I don't really think we want customers to run beta code
> >
> > What's the point of a beta then??
>
> Donnu.
> In previous OFED releases, we had "release candidates" rather than "beta".
> Openfabrics members were running RCs and reporting issues on the list and in
> bugzilla. Do you really ask your customers to do this for you?

Sure, as much as possible.  I generally don't recommend using it in
production, but just as close as they can get to production is fine with
me.  The more issues they find while I'm still actually working on it
and making new revisions, the less issues they'll find after I stupidly
think I'm done.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194