[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] don't want to rebuild all rpm's from install.sh

Frank Leers Frank.Leers at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 20 10:01:24 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 09:34 +0300, Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
> Frank Leers wrote:
> > If I understand the Installation Guide doc correctly I should be able to
> > just install rpm's using the install.sh script without rebuilding the
> > rpm's.  I have built the rpm's successfully and installed them on a node
> > in my cluster via an NFS mount.  I'd now like to install the rest of my
> > nodes using './install.sh -c <> -net <>' but this results in a rebuild
> > of the rpm's all over again.
> >
> Yes,
> It should work this way if all of the nodes have the same Arch/OS/kernel.
> Can you send me the ofed.conf file (that you use after '-c' parameter),
> the output of the './install.sh -c <> -net <>' command and
> Arch/OS/kernel of your nodes.
> Arch/OS/kernel
> Thanks,
> Vladimir

Ah, I see where I was misguided then.  My build node kernel is different
than this particular compute node.  I'll need to build seperately for
each Arch/OS/kernel.

Is OS differentiated between RH/CentOS/Fedora or is there a way to build
once for all three if Arch and kernel are the otherwise the same?

thanks,

-frank