[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] don't want to rebuild all rpm's from install.sh

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Jun 20 10:35:58 PDT 2007

Frank Leers wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 09:34 +0300, Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
>> Frank Leers wrote:
>>> If I understand the Installation Guide doc correctly I should be able to
>>> just install rpm's using the install.sh script without rebuilding the
>>> rpm's.  I have built the rpm's successfully and installed them on a node
>>> in my cluster via an NFS mount.  I'd now like to install the rest of my
>>> nodes using './install.sh -c <> -net <>' but this results in a rebuild
>>> of the rpm's all over again.
>>>
>> Yes,
>> It should work this way if all of the nodes have the same Arch/OS/kernel.
>> Can you send me the ofed.conf file (that you use after '-c' parameter),
>> the output of the './install.sh -c <> -net <>' command and
>> Arch/OS/kernel of your nodes.
>> Arch/OS/kernel
>> Thanks,
>> Vladimir
>
> Ah, I see where I was misguided then.  My build node kernel is different
> than this particular compute node.  I'll need to build seperately for
> each Arch/OS/kernel.
>

> Is OS differentiated between RH/CentOS/Fedora or is there a way to build
> once for all three if Arch and kernel are the otherwise the same?

OFED stores created RPMs under OFED-1.2-xx/RPMS/$(rpm -qf /etc/issue)
If the kernel version and $(rpm -qf /etc/issue) are the same on
RH/CentOS/Fedora (which is probably not) then you can build once.
But if you will install RPMs manually and not with OFED's install.sh
script then it should work (for userspace RPMs only). The kernel-ib RPMs
you should build separately for each kernel.

Regards,
Vladimir