[ewg] Re: development process post ofed-1.2 gold.

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 26 04:00:24 PDT 2007

Steve Wise wrote:
> Hey Tziporet,
>
> Is there any process for fixing bugs post OFED-1.2 "gold"?
>
> If I fix some bugs in the iw_cxgb3 driver, for example, should I post
> the patches and ask that they be pulled into the ofed_1_2 repository?
>
> Or am I on my own?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Steve.

My suggestion is that we keep the ofed_1_2 branch alive, thus new fixes
should be applied to the repository.
In this way we will be able to do a stable release when we decide.
Another question is regarding the daily build - I don't think we need
them any more. We can do a weekly build, or run build in case of need
(new patches submitted). What other people think about this?

Beside this I will open a support page for OFED 1.2 on the Wiki (as we
have for OFED 1.1).
In this page we will document known bugs and point to the patches that
fix them. People can use the ofed_patch.sh script (part of the docs RPM)
to add or remove patches.

Tziporet