[ewg] Re: OFED 1.2 beta blocking bugs

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 8 06:07:03 PST 2007

> Quoting Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> Subject: Re: OFED 1.2 beta blocking bugs
>
> > Sean there's a critical bug related to multicast module,
> > and a blocker bug related to ucma module assigned to you.
>
> Not sure who assigned me the bugs,

I did.

> but I did look at them and added comments.

Yes. but they are not very helpful ones.

> The multicast bug appears to be related to the ipoib HA, rather than the
> multicast module.

ipoib HA is just a script that brings interfaces up/down.  Juding by the error
messages, we are trying to attach QP to a non-existent MC group.  You
implemented both the multicast module and ported ipoib to it, so ...

> I haven't done anything with backport patches, and I'm not sure who has.

I did the backport for ucma, since it seemed no one else would bother.
The patch in question is
kernel_patches/backport/2.6.19/2_misc_device_to_2_6_19.patch
(and same for other kernels)

All I did, though, was revert the patch that updated ucma to new miscdevice API:
I don't however use ucma at all, and I only made sure the code compiles.

And, I have my hands full with IPoIB and SDP.

Please feel free to take over and replace this patch with whatever you find fit.

--
MST