[ofa-general] RE: [ewg] RE: OFED 1.2 beta blocking bugs

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Mar 8 12:31:44 PST 2007

    Hal> Are you saying MIBs are only supported on "managed" switches
    Hal> ? You certainly don't need an embedded SM for this...

Yes, I would say that any switch with SNMP support is "managed",
almost by definition.

Of course not all managed switches necessarily have an embedded SM,
just as managed ethernet switches have different feature sets (L2
vs. L3, etc).  In fact I was trying to tie this into the earlier
thread and say that the advantages of having a managed switch go
beyond having an SM, and it is useful to have a managed switch even if
you don't want an embedded SM.

 - R.