[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] RE: OFED 1.2 beta blocking bugs

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Mar 8 14:09:30 PST 2007

>There are also IPoIB CM IP multicast problems, see bug 418.

Bug 418 looks different than bug 400.

>From the bug report, it sounds like this error is limited to IPoIB CM mode.  Is
this correct?

>If you try to multicast packets > 2KB, you see:

I'm not sure if your hardware supports a max MTU of 2K, but in general I thought
multicast would work up to 4K.  Can you verify that the device MTU is higher
than the packet size?

>ib0: failed send event (status=1, wrid=35 vend_err 69)

It looks like this indicates a local length error on the send.

>ib_mthca 0000:08:00.0: modify QP 3->3 returned status 10.
>ib0: failed to modify QP, ret = -22
>ib0: couldn't attach QP to multicast group

This looks like a RTS -> RTS QP transition to set the QKey.  I'm not sure what
the ib_mthca status code of 10 is, but that may give us a hint at the problem.
This error and the attach QP to multicast group error may be related.