[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] bug 418: was OFED 1.2 beta blocking bugs

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Mar 9 10:55:02 PST 2007

>     ib0: failed send event (status=1, wrid=35 vend_err 69)

I believe that this is causing the QP to transition into the error state.

>     ib_mthca 0000:08:00.0: modify QP 3->3 returned status 10.

The mthca status of 0x10 indicates a bad QP state.  The transition from 3->3 is
RTS to RTS, but the QP is not in the RTS state, which makes sense given the
previous error.  The other receive side errors in the bug report are a fallout
from not recovering from the send error.

I don't know if this causes any problems, but at first glance it appears that
the IPoIB CM code begins listening for connection requests before the code has
had a chance to join the IPoIB broadcast group.  This allows a connection to
form before the broadcast traffic is ready.  Someone more familiar with the code
than I am will need to determine if this can lead to any undesirable race
conditions.