[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Re: [GIT PULL] OFED 1.2: CM scaling fixes

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Mar 14 09:53:49 PDT 2007

> Sean, before applying this, please discuss the MRA timeout patch
> on the general list with Ishai.
>
> Can you fix the patch instead of removing it?
> It helps him work-around bugs in his SRP target.

Currently the patch is broken and incorrectly sets the CM timeouts to 21 ms,
which causes failures on any (even small) scale-up testing.  The OFED 1.1 patch
was more limited in scope and only affected MRA timeouts, whereas, this patch
affects all CM timeouts.  I thought the SRP target issue was fixed with a
firmware update, and I saw that Ishai was re-working the timeout patch.  Until a
fixed patch is ready, I believe that we should remove this.

> Please post what you did and the errors you get, and we'll try to help.

I ran a command based on what you mentioned:

env git_url=/home/shefty/src/ofed_1_2/ git_branch=ofed_1_2 CHECK_LOCAL=yes
CHECK_KERNEL_ORG=yes /home/vlad/scripts/build_ofa_kernel.sh

The build for x686 works, but all other builds fail, so I removed the
CHECK_CROSS=yes option.  I get build errors related to the cxgb3 driver.