[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.2 Feb-26 meeting summary

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Mar 19 05:11:27 PDT 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> There seems to be no agreement on a fortran ABI for linux.  Even
> little
> things like f77 and g90 are incompatible.   Or was their an ABI
> agreement
> recently and I missed it?

Don't forget C++, too.

I long ago went through denial/anger/bargaining/depression/acceptance
that you need a separate MPI installation for each compiler suite
that you want to support.

The mpi-selector tool will help with this, but we can't really solve
it here.  It's a much larger issue than OFED or the MPI
implementations can solve.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems