[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] Re: [GIT PULL] OFED 1.2: CM scaling fixes

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Mar 22 09:56:58 PDT 2007

>>I think it is very good that you changed the define to a module parameter,
>>but shouldn't the default value be smaller (21). (15*32 sec = 8 Min) seems
>>like quite a long time.
>>
>>Ishai
>

> Hmm, indeed. Sean, wouldn't 1 minute be sufficient?

This really depends on the app.  For scale-up testing, we need to include the
time that it takes an app to come down and fetch the connection event, process
it, and respond.  When new connections form along with data transfers, the app
may be slow to handle this.

I have no objections to setting the default lower though.  But this is a max
timeout.  If the timeout in the path record/CM messages is smaller, that would
be used instead.