[ewg] bugs 541 and 465: slow IPoIB CM HA failover and eventual failing IPoIB HA

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Tue May 1 19:08:09 PDT 2007

With IPoIB HA (both ipoibtools and ib-bonding), I am seeing slow IPoIB
CM HA failover, and eventually IPoIB stops working after enough
failovers.  I am running netperf -D traffic between two IPoIB HA hosts,
while flipping the 4 host IB ports one at a time (port 1 down, sleep,
port 1 up, sleep, ..., port 4 down, sleep, port 4 up, sleep) in a loop.

This is a very easy test to set up.  Can Mellanox and Voltaire please
try to reproduce the problem?

I think this problem must be fixed for OFED 1.2 rc3.

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA and Release Manager
Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems