[ewg] Question: RH4.5 inclusion in ofed-1.2

Hoang-Nam Nguyen hnguyen at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 3 22:59:20 PDT 2007

Hello Tziporet and all EWG'ers!
You might have known that RH4.5 has been announced few days ago:
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/release-notes/RELEASE-NOTES-U5-x86-en.html
I'm wondering if we could manage to support it in ofed-1.2. For ehca the new
RH4.5 simplifies the backport a lot in that it already contains ibmebus and
kernel symbols we need for. In general I'm sure that ofed customers will gain
much from ofed-1.2's new features and improvements with RH4.5.
I do understand rc3 should not be delayed for that. However I still believe,
supposed other component owners also want to support RH4.5 as well, backport
effort should be less than a week so that it should be doable for rc4 or pre-release.
Regards
Nam