[ewg] OFED 1.2 May 15 meeting summary on release status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue May 15 04:23:54 PDT 2007

    This is the OFED 1.2 May-12 meeting summary on release status:

    Minutes / Summary:

   1.  From RC3 all bugs fixes/changes must get approval of the RM
      (Tziporet)
   2. We reviewed bugs list and decided which are actually needed for
      the release (see table)
   3. RC4 due date - next Monday 21-May.
   4. There was a discussion on blocker bug definition - decided that we
      should have a better definition of bugs severity. Will be done
      after the release.
   5. Support release: We will decide on any support release (e.g.1.2.1)
      approximately two months after 1.2 will be out.
      Pros: If there are severe bugs its better to have an official
      release that fix them.
      Cons: Requires more QA cycles; request for enhancements may appear.

    Bugs status & decisions

This is the list of bugs we want to fix for RC4 (except for new bugs
that will be revealed)
567 	blocker 	rolandd at cisco.com 	MPI does not work on RHEL5 ppc64 *-
depend on Roland's time*
607 	critical 	jsquyres at cisco.com 	remove the hack to save the port
number in the ia hca_address *- Jeff to decide. Nice to have for iWARP
since they will use OMPI from the trunk in any case.*
608 	critical 	monis at voltaire.com 	traffic fails to resume after SM
failover with bonding interfaces *- Voltaire working on this*
611 	critical 	swise at opengridcomputing.com 	cxgb3: passive side
connection transition from streaming to RDMA is broken *- should be
ready soon*
577 	critical 	ishai at mellanox.co.il 	SRP multipath failover too slow
(minutes, not seconds) - *Scott will try to work with Ishai*
465 	critical 	mst at mellanox.co.il 	IPoIB HA fails after several hours of
failovers* -on work*
604 	critical 	mst at mellanox.co.il 	Oops running UDP traffic with IPoIB
CM *- need to reproduce in Mellanox*
538 	major 	monis at voltaire.com 	integrate IPoIB bonding with IPoIB CM *-
should be fixed - Moni will check*
541 	major 	mst at mellanox.co.il 	slow failover with IPoIB CM
bonding/ipoibtools HA *- on work*
558 	major 	rolandd at cisco.com 	tvflash configure fails on SLES10 SP1 RC2
*- small fix in configure, will take if Roland will do this*