[ewg] Re: Build problem with RHEL-4.5 and OFED-1.2

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed May 16 09:13:06 PDT 2007

Stefan Roscher wrote:
> He Doug,

(Sorry for the late reply, I'm out of town at the moment)

> are there any news for this problem? Is it a problem of the OFED-build or a
> problem with redhat?
> Should I open a bugzilla to track this?

Well, yes, there should be a bugzilla.  What exactly the bug is depends
on the kernel RPM maintainer's intended wishes for the kernel-devel
package.  If he wanted the ppc kernel-devel to be self sufficient, then
he should have included all asm-ppc64 header files that were included by
asm-ppc header files and not having them in the kernel-devel.ppc package
is the bug.  However, doing things this way probably precludes
installing both the kernel-devel.ppc and kernel-devel.ppc64 packages at
the same time.

If, on the other hand, he wanted the ppc devel package to be pure and
not include ppc64 header files, then he needs to make sure that A) both
the kernel-devel.ppc and kernel-devel.ppc64 rpms can be installed at the
same time and B) that the kernel-devel.ppc RPM has a Requires:
kernel-devel.ppc64 item in there to avoid this dangling header include
problem that currently exists.