[ewg] RE: ofed 1.2 multicast patch documentation

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:04:16 PDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:

> >The ib_sa/rdmacm multicast code in ofed 1.2 comes in the form of one big
> >  undocumented patch (merged_sean_rdma_dev_ofed_1_2.patch), is the below
> >fine as a change log comment?
>
> Yes - this should work for the change log comment.

This for itself would not work for the change log since as i wrote you, the
giant patch also contain the local sa code. If its fine with you, best if
you can send Vlad a giant change log (sa multicast support, rdma-cm mcast
support, local sa) to be placed at the top of the patch.

I hope the motivation here is clear: undocumented patches makes ofed kind of
impossible to be deployed in a multi tier support model (in other words, to
understsand/change a bit, support people have to run to the code
maintainer...)

thanks,

Or.