[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Feedback on Developer's Summit

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:44:58 PST 2007

On 11/5/07, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:

> > 11-12: SA cache session
> > 12-1: IPoIB stateless offload issues
>
> > Sean, Roland, Dror - can you make it?
>
> I guess I can make it but what are the stateless offload issues?  If
> we want to spend an hour on it I think we need to figure out what if
> anything we're stuck on -- at this point I don't know of any major
> problems that need face-to-face time.

As I said earlier on this thread,  the open issues I see with the stateless
offload series are (A) the non interoperable checksum offload patch based on
the IB ICRC sent by Michael (and if it is inter-operable, I'd like to be
educated how) (B) LRO - a pure SW optimization, why it need to be in the
ipoib driver and not at least shared with the network stack code above
ipoib.

If Dror can't present and address these issues, maybe we can't have this
session on this f2f - Dror?

Roland - one more issue which was discussed and remained open with Michael
is "connection liveness detection code to active side" for UC implementation
of the connected mode, see the thread named "IPoIB-CM UC mode" from July 2nd
etc at http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/general/2007-July/037649.html-
what do you say?

Sean - are you fine with the SA cache being discussed over this hour?

Or.