[ewg] OFED Nov 05 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 beta readiness

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 6 07:39:11 PST 2007

Note: there will be no meeting next week - CU all in SC07
Tziporet

OFED Nov 05 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 beta readiness

1. Rebase for kernel 2.6.24-rc1:
   The backport was more complicated (mainly in IPoIB).
   The following kernel modules have now backports to all kernels:
   mthca, mlx4, ehca, ipath, core, IPoIB, RDS

   Kernel modules that need update: Chelsio driver (cxgb3), iSER, SDP,
SRP, VNIC

   Note: Please work on this git branch:
   git://git.openfabrics.org/ofed_1_3/linux-2.6.git
ofed_kernel_2_6_24_rc1

   Schedule:
   All new backport patches should be send to Vlad by Tuesday Nov 6.
   On Wed (Nov 7) we will start to publish the new package based on
   kernel 2.6.24.
   Kernel modules that will not pass compilation will be disabled

2. Other Beta tasks status:
   1. Fix compilation problems on PPC SLES10 with 32 bits - Vlad
(Mellanox) - on work
   2. SPEC files should be part of each user space package - each owner
should take the spec file
   3. Fix all compilation and install issues - All
   4. management readiness and open a branch for 1.3 - Sasha

3. Beta schedule:
   Target: do the beta release by the end of this week
   (Note: Since in Israel we are not working on Friday it will be done
either on Thursday or Sunday)

4. GA schedule:
   Tziporet to publish the GA schedule - after the beta release will be
done
   The schedule we had is published on the Wiki at

https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=OFED+1.3+release+plan+a
nd+features

5. Integration of OFED 1.3 with Redhat:
   Tziporet to talk to Doug in SC07

Done tasks for the beta:
   o Multiple uDAPL libs (1.0 & 2.0) - Vlad and Arlin (Intel)
   o ibutils on SLES10 PPC64 (64 bits) - Vlad
   o Add qperf test from Qlogic - Johann (Qlogic)
   o Support RHEL 5 up1 - Woody & Vlad
   o Apply patches that fix warning of backport patches - Vlad
   o New MVAPICH package - Pasha & DK (OSU)
   o Complete RDS work - Vlad (Mellanox)
   o Integrate all SDP features - Jim (Mellanox)
   o nes - updated backport patches - Glenn (NetEffect)