[ewg] Did OFED 1.3 move to 2.6.24-rc1?

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Nov 11 05:52:49 PST 2007

Erez Zilber wrote:
> Vlad,
>
> I saw that the last 3 daily builds failed because of compilation errors
> in iSER. I guess that it is because you moved to 2.6.24-rc1, correct? I
> don't understand why didn't I catch this bug last week with the
> ofed_makedist script.
>
> Anyway, which branch should I put the fix in? ofed_kernel?
> ofed_kernel_2_6_24_rc1?
>
> Erez

Hi Erez,
You are right, the last 3 daily builds were taken from ofed_kernel_2_6_24_rc1 branch.
Now it is back to ofed_kernel branch.

ofed_makedist.sh script does not test compilation, but only patches for every supported kernel.

Currently, you should create fixes for 'ofed_kernel_2_6_24_rc1' branch.

I am going to switch between the branches in the next day or two:
'ofed_kernel' -> ofed_kernel_2_6_23'
'ofed_kernel_2_6_24_rc1' -> 'ofed_kernel'

Regards,
Vladimir