[ewg] FW: OFED 1.3 Beta release is available

Thad Omura Thad at Mellanox.com
Thu Nov 22 09:15:01 PST 2007

MWG:  We should issue a PR on the release of OFED 1.3 and what we're
enabling in the market.  Any issues?

Assuming no issues, here is what needs to happen:

- Jeff Scott should work with Tziporet and Gopal on a PR draft to make
sure we clearly explain what the package contains, emphasize all of the
key points with focus on what new markets and applications it enables,
in addition to how integration into the Linux distros is easier, etc.
- We should brief some of the major publications on it as well to get
the word out on its availability, I'd target HPC Wire, EETimes, Byte and
Switch (They've recently seemed more interested in talking about OFA in
their articles), Network World
- Need text to update the website and highlight 1.3's availability
- Need to decide with EWG (Gopal and Tziporet) when we should push this
to the market - I'd propose early JAN to kick off 2008 for OFA, and we
can announce our developer forum, etc.

OFED is a critical initiative within OFA that we have to offer the
community - let's make sure we get the right visibility for all of the
hard work that has gone into it.

THAD

Thad Omura | VP of Product Marketing | Mellanox Technologies, Inc.
thad at mellanox.com | Tel 408-916-0020 | Cell 408-750-6236