[ewg] RE: iSER issues for OFED 1.3

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 8 08:49:37 PDT 2007

kernel_patches/backport/2.6.9_U2/libiscsi_no_flush_to_2_6_9.patch is
broken:

Applying patch libiscsi_no_flush_to_2_6_9.patch
patching file drivers/scsi/libiscsi.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1225.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1784.
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file drivers/scsi/libiscsi.c
Patch libiscsi_no_flush_to_2_6_9.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

Please test your patches with ofed_scripts/ofed_makedist.sh

> >>     * I sent you an e-mail yesterday (for some reason, I don't see
> it
> >> on
> >>       the ewg list) about separating iscsi modules from the
> ofa_kernel
> >> rpm.
> >>

> > I suggest to take ib-bonding as an example
> >

> I spoke with MoniS about that. He says that no IB module uses the
> bonding module symbols. This is different from what we have in iSER:
> iSER uses symbols from open-iscsi. If the open-iscsi rpm looks like
the
> bonding rpm, it won't work because iSER will be later get built (in
the
> ofa_kernel rpm) against the old open-iscsi symbols (from the distro).
> What do you suggest to do?

You can create Module.symvers file for the new open-iscsi symbols and
then copy this file into iSER subdirectory before compiling iSER.

Regards,
Vladimir