[ewg] Upcoming teleconferences

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Oct 24 05:57:22 PDT 2007

Short version:
--------------

We have an irregular schedule of OFED teleconferences coming up: some
weeks will be on Tuesdays and some weeks will be skipped.  Due to the
way Outlook schedules meetings, you are about to get ***6*** Outlook
meeting e-mails:

1. For new teleconference Oct 29 (next Monday)
2. For a new series of teleconferences starting Nov 20th
3. Update to the Nov 20th teleconference (to Tuesday, Nov 21st)
4. Update to the Nov 27th teleconference (to Tuesday, Nov 28th)
5. Cancel the Dec 24th teleconference
6. Cancel the Dec 31st teleconference

Please accept all of them.

Longer explanation:
-------------------

Here's the schedule for the next few months of teleconferences
(starting *NEXT WEEK*).  We're going to a weekly schedule while
gearing up for the OFED v1.3 release, but with some notable exceptions:

- a break for SC07
- two weeks will be on Tuesday to accommodate holiday weekends
- a break for Christmas/New Year's

Here's the specific dates:

Oct 29
Nov 5
Nov 20 (Tue)
Nov 27 (Tue)
Dec 3
Dec 10
Dec 17
Jan 7
Jan 14
Jan 21

Outlook doesn't let you schedule a series of custom dates into a
single string of meetings, so I have to do a series of actions that
will result in *6* meeting e-mails (at least, that's what's happened
in my testing :-) ).

I realize that this is somewhat confusing, but doing it this way will
minimize the number of teleconference ID's over the next 3 months.
Specifically: having changing teleconference ID numbers has shown to
be problematic -- I get bombarded with "the ID code doesn't work!!" e-
mails starting about 5 minutes into the teleconference.  So I chose
to optimize for a smaller number of teleconference ID's vs. less
confusing Outlook actions.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems