[ewg] Re: Dropped OpenFabrics list messages (!)

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Oct 25 12:48:24 PDT 2007

 > In the interest of curtailing the SPAM problem, I would also be in favor
 > of a only-subscribers-can-post policy. Is there really strong opposition
 > to this? Thanks.

I would definitely prefer to keep the list open.  Making the list
subscribers-only is really annoying to many potential contributors.  I
know personally that it is a huge turn-off when I fix a bug in some
code and attempt to submit a patch and then get a bounce because the
project's list is subscribers-only.  I'm not going to subscribe to
some mailing list I'm not interested in just so that I can give a
project my work -- and so the project loses out.

 - R.