[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OpenFabrics Developer's Summit: tentative agenda

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 05:55:10 PDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Johann George <johann.george at qlogic.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback.  We can certainly expand, shorten and change
> sessions around to maximize benefit for the attendees.

OK, so lets do it!

In short, the agenda as it is now, has a great bias to "updates and
reporting" && windowz-staff && iwarp-staff vs
Linux-infiniband-developers-that-get-together-to-discuss-shout-laugh-brain-storm-think-together-suggest-designs-etc
with this agenda and your polite "NO" saying on everything I suggested, at
hand,  I don't see how to make progress.

Taking a constructive direction, I suggest the following: put everything
which is not stricly related to Linux-infiniband-developers (dapl / iwarp /
windowz / logo program / etc) in one track, and let the developers decide
what's in their track.

As for the updates, start two hours earlier and make all the updates to take
place on that time slot.  BTW - getting feedback from commercial MPIs as the
Intel and HP ones, is at least important as getting update/feedback from
MVAPICH and OMPI. I vote for a 45 minutes session as Jeff suggested with all
MPIs.

If it does not work for you to start earlier with two hours of updates etc
as I have suggested here, allocate two sessions for the Linux-IB-developers,
Thursday 6PM-8PM and Friday 8AM-10AM

Seriously, thanks much for the feedback.  If the majority feel we
> should move some sessions, we'll do our best to accommodate people's
> schedules.

So far there are two votes (Jeff and myself) to the direction I have
suggested and one (yours) to the agenda you have posted, 2:1 is a strict
majority. Based on your reply I would be starting to collect votes for my
suggestion.

Or.