[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] to be discussed at the developer conference

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:05:10 PDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com> wrote:

> > 1) the long time and endless threads related to the SA caching thing
> > need to be there. Sean - I saw that you prepare a session, correct? will
> > you presenting few possible designs?
>
> I was asked to prepare a session and will mention some of the general
> scalability issues that we've seen with Intel MPI.

> 3) QoS - Sean, Dror, generally speaking, what where you thinking to
> > discuss?
>
> We plan on discussing what was added to the stack and opensm.
>
> Keep in mind that both of these are only 20 minutes.

Sean,

As you might saw over the thread "OpenFabrics Developer's Summit: tentative
agenda" I am working to get the Linux IB issues what ever time we need to
discuss them. You can assume at least 45 minutes (and if needed more) to the
SA caching so you can go much further then the problem description eg to
sketch few possible designs / implementations. This is a two years old open
issue which need to be solved. Similarily for QoS, I'd go further to discuss
open issues if there are such that you are aware to. Who's going to present
the opensm changes - you or Dror?

Or.