[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] to be discussed at the developer conference

Dror Goldenberg gdror at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 30 01:00:49 PDT 2007

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Dror Goldenberg wrote:
>>> 2) as for IPoIB stateless offload - with Eli and Liran not planned
>>> to be there. Dror - do you intend to actually present the actual
>>> ipoib / core / drivers related design and implementation? Also,
>>> personally, I felt that the 1-2 slides you delivered on Sonoma where
>>> way below what would let one understand in what features exactly the
>>> HW supports, and I don't want to be referred to under-NDA docs, lets
>>> just have you provide a clear description regarding large-send and
>>> checksum offloading. Same for the HW interrupt mitigation, can be
>>> nice if you explain the problem, the solution and spare few words
>>> how does this goes with NAPI. One more thing is the LRO staff - its
>>> a pure SW optimization, if you think this should be in the ipoib
>>> code, some justification materials can be helpful.
>>
>> Yes, I will try to do a better job this time :)
>
> Lets do it more concrete: please comment if you will be presenting the
> actual SW design and more important, how much time you think you need,
> 20m is way below anything that allows for questions and some
> discussion - will 45m be enough?
>
> Will you referring the last patch set posted by Eli - (it has some
> pending comments that were not addressed) or Eli is going to post new
> version before the conference?
>
> Or.

I haven't yet prepared the presentation. I am willing to cover whatever
you think is important. Indeed 20m allotted time is too short. So, I
should either adjust myself to this short time-slot or ask for more.
Given that the other sessions are also 20m, I was thinking to have a
short talk (with less of contents). If you feel that people can benefit
from longer presentation, I will be happy to get more time for it.
40-45m will be great.

-Dror