[ewg] Re: [openib-general] MVAPICH2 SRPM update and install files patch

Shaun Rowland rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Sep 5 15:09:36 PDT 2007

Chris Worley wrote:
> Some of those changes for icc don't make sense.  Setting "CC" to "icc
> -i-dynamic" looks for an executable file name of the entire string...
> causing:

Are you pulling that out of config.log or just assuming that's
happening? We build and test with those Intel compiler settings all the
time, and from what I see - what you describe should not be the problem.
Without the config.log, I cannot tell exactly what might be the problem.
You could try building statically and see if that works, as it should
not use those flags. You could modify build.sh and remove those flags,
just to see if that works. Those flags were added in that way because we
had run into an issue with the Intel compiler and building with shared
library support at one point.

What version of the Intel compiler are you using? You could also try
building our latest source release of MVAPICH2 0.9.8 with the same
compiler settings - in order to get the config.log file easier if it
also has a problem.
Shaun Rowland	rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~rowland/