[ewg] Re: building userspace on ppc64 is broken

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Sep 18 10:26:13 PDT 2007

 > I don't really care whose fault it is. If OFED is doing something wrong,
 > we should fix that, not work around it at library level. But what is wrong?

That's a good question.  The original bug report was rather short on details.

 > Roland, I know you already help with packaging libibverbs for e.g.
 > debian. Can't you support packaging libibverbs for OFED too?

I'd rather keep the spec file in the libibverbs package as what is
used for the Fedora upstream packaging.  I'm fine with general fixes
to the spec files but this case seems to be a workaround for an
incorrect build environment.  AFAIK the Fedora powerpc distro has no
problems with libibverbs.

 - R.