[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] RE: OFA website edits

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Fri Sep 21 14:52:07 PDT 2007

Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > Maintainers,
>
>  > Please move your packages and update your WEB_README. Currently we
>  > only have rdmacm, dapl, cxgb3, and WinOF updated for this process.
>
> Has anyone defined what the contents of WEB_README should be?
> Specifically, what information should it contain?  How should it be
> formatted?  Is it plain text, or is HTML markup allowed, or... ?

Plain text, short summary about the project and directory contents.

> Also, same questions about the README file.

More exhaustive text about the download files and packages. Could
include source repository location, build, or install information. It is
really up to the maintainer.

> Has any work been done to make the individual package download
> directories more usable?  eg if I go to
>     http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/rdmacm/
> then I just get a raw directory listing... it would be nice to be able
> to include a "latest" link, SHA1 checksum, link to git repository,

We can always expand on the raw directory view. The immediate goal was
to move away from the outdated static links without generating a lot of
work for Jeff and the maintainers.

Jeff, can something be done to make this more usable per Roland's request?

-arlin