[ofa-general] Re: [ewg] OFED March 24 meeting summary on OFED 1.4 plans

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Thu Apr 3 07:40:25 PDT 2008

You have a system, all HCAs have two ports, all port 1 are connected to the first switch,
all port 2 are connected to the second switch, there is NO link between the two switches.
We call this system has two physically separated fabrics. If you have a bridge link
between the two switches, then it becomes a single fabric.

The same thing for multiple HCAs on nodes.

The problem is, from MPI side, (and by default), we don't know which port is on which
fabric, since the subnet prefix is the same. We rely on system admin to config two
different subnet prefixes for HP-MPI to work.

No vendor has claimed to support this.

--CQ