[ofa-general] Re: [ewg] OFED March 24 meeting summary on OFED 1.4 plans

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Thu Apr 3 07:53:20 PDT 2008

One other thing I hope to talk is some fabric query functionalities for normal user,
not only just for root. This is at IB verbs level, not rdma_cm level.

for example, in MPI, process A know the HCA guid on another node. After running for
some time, the switch is restarted for some reason, and the whole fabric is re-configured.

Now process A wants to know if the port lid on another node has changed or not, it knows
the HCA guid,  is there any function to query this ?

I know as root, we can use the mad/umad library to do this kind of query, I want to do
such query in MPI, which is a normal user.

--CQ Tang, HP-MPI